PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G load with Pitch Rate
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2021, 21:59
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Good stuff to tink about. Reynolds....

All of the body rates are in play, and then we take out God's gee. That's what the eventual flight path will produce with respect to mother Earth.

The thing is, what does the gee meter read, the way I read the original question. Correct?

Lotta difference between the gee on you depending on frame of reference ( not going into relativity theory and speed of light and....).

All the inputs Reynolds mentions are in play, but what you read on the gee meter and feel in the pitch axis is primarily a function of speed along one axis and rate along another that you are presented with sitting in row 0, seat A. A level turn at normal bank angles in a big plane or even a C150 will not give you many gee. Go to 60 deg of bank and you will get the two gees that the equations tellya. Keep banking to keep level and you get the number I got using that URL calculator for turn performance. If you devolve all the angles and coordinate frames, you will get to basic pitch rate corrected for angle of bank and pitch attitude WRT Earth ref system. Until you get down to 30 or 40 degrees of bank with pitch less than +/- of 20 deg or so, then I'll use my rule of thumb.

Best I recall, what you and the plane "feel" is the gees that you should pay attention to in order to keep from ripping the wings off, huh?