PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Cadet Programme standards
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2021, 16:16
kc_avis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX Cadet Programme standards

Hi! (this is my first post so please forgive me if I got any of the information wrong)

Is there anyone out there who was actually able to get in Cathay Pacific's cadet pilot programme? I was doing a lot of research regarding this, and I seem to find mixed/unclear answers. Based off their website, it looks pretty easy to get in, but now that (thankfully) I have found PPRuNe, it seems as if the selection process is really rigourous, a number of people who applied get regected after many different stages of the application, or tried more than once to get in. I've found interview questions, but I presume that those are for DESOs or DEFOs because they seem so technical... Do you have to self-study different books (Basic Aeronautical Knowledge, Flying the Big Jets, please reccommend more books as well) even if you are only applying as a cadet? Or will those interview questions be different?

Also knowing that their flying school (FTA) is in Austrailia, the place looks nice, 55 weeks of my life seems pretty great, the more I want to get in.

I really want to be a pilot since I was 12, and I feel like the cadet programme is the best (best in terms of being already hired after getting your liscense), and I haven't entered university. Although my math and science grades are pretty well (all above 90 or "A" for some countries for the past years), do they still prefer university graduates or have they gotten those fresh out of secondary school? Do I even stand a chance getting into CX's cadet programme in a few years time (since I am still studying and the airline industry now is just not great) say around 2-3+ years? Or do you really already have to have technical aeronautical knowledge when you apply to be a cadet? Of course I know their standard is world class, but sometimes it seems almost impossible to be hired by CX knowing that the people in my country almost never make it.

Please feel free to share your experiences preparing, applying, or getting selected for this. Thanks for your help!