PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2021, 06:44
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brokenagain
Coronavirus Worldwide Graphs

Worldwide daily cases have been declining for over a month now, and are at the lowest rate since October last year. Or course it’s not reported in the news, good news doesn’t sell.
Most of Europe is in lockdown currently - heck I've not seen my family for around 7 weeks now. As we've seen, as soon as lockdowns end, the virus comes back... if that doesn't sound obvious. If there wasn't a real reduction in cases, something would've been wrong.

My theory is that the vaccine is taking more of an effect than what people are reporting - most of the people receiving it, certainly in the UK, will be the most exposed to it (i.e. health workers / elderly). Perhaps a situation where if someone has had a vaccine, they are less likely to go for a test thinking they are totally protected.

Case numbers are not the only indicator - I understand in Turkey they have reduced testing, but their case positivity rate has shot up? The UK were doing 300,000 tests a day, whereas a country in Eastern Europe where I was flying to semi-often was doing about 3,000 a day.