PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 13th Feb 2021, 03:35
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Whether you like Glen, APTA, or anyone associated with it, is either irrelevant or a minor side issue.

As Glen has pointed out many times, where were the breaches? To be shut down after years of collaborative work with the regulator by a Departmental minion with nothing better to do that day is appalling. Glen had no 'non comformances' to conform to! How do you explain that to staff? An Employer has a self imposed obligation to 'do the right thing' by people they employ. Then the reputational damage. From what I can see, Glen has carried himself in an exemplary manner against all odds - and from his testimonies on social media I suspect I would at least respect the guy in person, if not genuinely like. However, if he became Chief Pilot, CEO or MD of another aviation company tomorrow, would I choose to work for him? Only the very, very naive would leap onboard without asking themselves some extremely serious questions about the truly enormous regulatory target he must now walk around with on his back. And again, why? What did he do 'wrong'?