PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2021, 20:18
TinFoilhat2

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
What ‘Business Experience’ do you have? They don’t have a controlling stake you fool, they have no say. Bit like Qatar owning stakes in all sorts of big players. It’s a shareholding stake only.

QF internal people shouldn’t have come out saying x people are getting x jobs, we are paying for this and they are paying for that....I’m aware some are not impressed that was said and it should really be backtracked.

Now if I’m the CP, it’s Type rated first. Qantas International Pilots last, unless they resign. I’d be looking at those Tiger and Virgin boys and girls also. Most likely is how it’s going to play out anyway. You also need to screen for d!ckheads inside the Roo cause plenty there is.

Bingo.
Its what I have been trying to explain to people. This idea that Qantas has any say in who flies Alliance aircraft is nothing short of ridiculous. Its not to say some QF pilots wont end up there but Alliance and Alliance alone will make the final decision. Its not anything to do with QF pilot bashing.

From purely a salary point of view, QF international folk have earned the most money over the last few years so should rightfully be at the back of the queue when taking into account Tiger, VA, Rex etc. They probably have more savings so should bite the bullet this time.

I know this will be turned into TFH2 hates QF and all their pilots...I dont!

Even if QF do pay for all their e-jet training and other costs its still not fair on say a King Air driver or Tigerair pilot who would have stayed with Alliance long term. He will now sit jobless whilst a Qantas pilot has a job to go to in the future and gets a temporary seat at Alliance to pass the time.

Cant blame others for being pissed of with that arrangement!