PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2021, 10:58
TinFoilhat2

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaboobla
TFH2

At least 1/2 of the new e-jets are going to be painted in the Qantaslink livery. This is definitely happening and is a branding requirement by Qf - Cobham and Network do the same

Cobham and Network crews wear the same uniforms as QF mainline. In the companies eyes they are Qantas pilots also - this is often mentioned in internal communications. I personally have no problem with it.

So as per my earlier question to you is will you stand on principal and tell Alliance you will refuse to wear the above uniform because Qantas should not have a say in your work attire ? Or will you, in effect, become the thing you hate the most in this world - a Qantas pilot.

Read the end of George Orwells 1984 if you don't understand what I am talking about.
I dont care what colour the planes are, what uniform I wear. I dont hate Qantas pilots. I do dislike some of their pilots attitudes (skygod mentality) but they are not the majority. Refusing to do your job because you wear a different uniform is just stupid.

Ultimately if I am protected by a work agreement, get paid and treated with respect then the rest is just cosmetic as far as I am concerned. When I fly I just want to know the guy sitting next to me is somebody I can tolerate for 4 hours without wanting to slit my own throat and that he is a safe pilot.

As for the rest I don't give 2 hoots as long as it does not affect me and my families income. These companies can run themselves as they see fit.

If I dont like the direction the company is heading in I am free to leave as is everyone else.

At the same time as long as the company sticks to the EBA and does not try to screw the pilot group by getting around said agreement then all is well.