PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2021, 10:56
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
Well whippedy doo, I think the only benefit of this outbreak is that the media are now seriously asking if hotel quarantine is safe. I don’t care how many thousands or millions of people you process through hotel quarantine, the fact is that there are leaks pretty much every couple of weeks. How expensive will be the 5 day lockdown in VIC? How expensive was Perth, Brisbane and previous Mel lockdown? I’ll tell you how expensive, thousands more times expensive than if you had listened to the epidemiologists a year ago saying Hotel Quarantine is a Short term solution and built/ramped up facilities with remote cabins like Howard Springs/wellcamp etc. Sometimes I really doubt the health advice line the pollies make when this obvious one has been ignored. But I feel a change and I think the public won’t accept taking these infected Australians anymore unless they are dealt with appropriately. Get them out of hotels limit the numbers and put them only in Gold Standard facilities like Howard Springs.