PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 11th Feb 2021, 21:13
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
McLimit:
Rubbish,

Journalists have had the opportunity to do this for some time and haven't. I know of one aviation journalist that is well aware of the situation. It's just too hard for that person.

It needs a journalist with the intestinal fortitude to follow it through to its conclusion rather than a fluff piece that hits a paper then disappears into the ether.
You have just conclusively demonstrated why CASA can get away with this and other abuses. Journalists with the intestinal fortitude you refer to only exist in Hollywood movies and even if they did exist, the chances of one of them firstly making sense of what CASA will claim is a "highly technical safety issue" and translate it into a story that won't make the publics eyes glaze over in a microsecond, is zero. Journos write stories to sell advertising; "Man beats puppy" sells more than "CASA rejected my thronomister modification!".

What I can safely say is if Glen can mobilize public opinion via a puff piece or anything else then CASA will be directed to settle this in a heartbeat. The converse is also true.

...And I have direct personal experience of doing exactly that myself, though not with CASA.

....And I've written press releases for Government.