PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffrey Large - ex EGLL Watch Manager retired 1983
Old 11th Feb 2021, 16:16
xdss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Geoffrey Large - ex EGLL Watch Manager retired 1983

Just a 'shout out' to my aviation/air traffic control pals, my father will be 100 years old on 15th March, and as we probably won't be able to celebrate his birthday with him, (for the 2nd year running), we'd like to ask everyone that knew him to send him a birthday card.

If you haven't got the Care home postal address then email me, (tonylarge at gmail dot com). TIA

He spent nearly all his life working in ATC, starting at Croydon, then Uxbridge, spells ‘up town’, Southern Centre when it was on the Northside of Heathrow, and then in the Heathrow Control Tower, where he was a Watch Manger when retired from Nats in 1983.

Prior to that he served in RAF Transport Command, mainly ferrying new American aircraft across the South Atlantic, via the Azores, then Burma after the war ended and waiting for DeMob and finally flying PoWs back from all over Europe in Dakotas. A brief career with BEA, flying Dakota’s on similar routes across Europe, but the ‘white glove’ brigade didn’t sit well with him and he left after less than a year and joined Air Traffic Control.

Tony Large - Feb 2021