PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G load with Pitch Rate
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2021, 15:39
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Mucho thanks, Pearly!!! I tried the calculator using F-16 and F-35 demo maneuver numbers and the numbers agree very closely to my approximation numbers. Because the bank angle is extreme, you will get a warning from the program. Pay no attention, just enter the numbers.

Gums' equation is gee=vee^2/radius and entry is at 360 ktas and 9 gees. The calculater entry should use the 360ktas and 83.7 deg angle of bank. Use 130 kts for stall just to make the calculator work. Walla! you get almost the same radius and gee. So close I think I screwed up, but I have run that simple equation versus tech order performance charts and had about same results.

For airliners you prolly have to use normal bank angle correction for God's gee, but I covered that already, and the famous "egg" that describes a constant gee loop will make the point. Your radius on the top is less than at the bottom due to God's extra gee toward the Earth. This was easy to demo in the Viper 'cause you could trim the sucker for 3.5 gee. Then get to maybe 400 knots wings level and let go, sit back, and watch as it did the loop. Got to see the limiter in action over the top, but confirmed several aspects of flight dynamics and the flight control system.

Last edited by gums; 11th Feb 2021 at 15:42. Reason: added number