PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2021, 13:51
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some positive news for the LTN forum, which seems to be home to the most depressing airport thread on this forum at the moment!

easyJet have added some new routes for Summer 2021, so I think this quashes an earlier rumour that the airline were planning to close their LTN base, which I never doubted anyway:
- Sharm El Shiekh (Twice Weekly)
- Hurghada (Weekly)
- Santorini (Twice Weekly June to September)
- Preveza (Twice Weekly June to September)
- Larnaca (Twice Weekly)

Source:EasyJet holidays adds 10 routes for summer 2021 - Travel Weekly

I think that will make Hurghada the longest scheduled route from the airport at 2457 miles.

It was mentioned in the news a few weeks ago tour operators were seeing a big jump in holiday bookings as more people were being vaccinated and the desire to travel for many, can't come soon enough. These new routes must come of the back of this.

Santorini isn't exactly a new route, as I flew Wizz and easyJet on the route last October, but it disappeared as a destination this year until now, when previously only Gatwick flights where bookable. Highly recommend a visit there, before all the cruise ships start invading the island again!

I wonder if Wizz will react and possibly add Sharm El Sheikh, they are operating the route out Cardiff, which is the first time the airline has ever flown to Sharm.

Last edited by gilesdavies; 11th Feb 2021 at 14:13.