PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2021, 21:30
Overspeed1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2
I did not say they had not struck some sort of deal. I simply said ultimately at the end of the day it will be an Alliance decision whether they take on QF pilots or not. Regardless of the contract on offer QF dont have that much sway. Who else will they get to do the work? They are losing money using their own aircraft and crew, believe me I know how they work, I flew regionals for many years.

People like you seem to think Qantas just walk into a meeting, throw around a few demands and get what they want. It does not work like that Im afraid and they certainly HAVE ZERO say on how an airline crew their own aircraft. They might put some agreement in place looking for a favour or to help their stood down crew out but ultimately the decision lies with the contract airline, NOT QANTAS!!

They are not going to screw over their own workforce just to please Qantas, I think you need to get of your high horse there. Imagine all the ill will they will have to deal with when QF pilots leave, the job market and economy improve and now you have a seriously pissed of pilot group.

If you think QF will dictate terms on this you are sorely mistaken
Consider this, the lowest paid pilot on long haul (787 SO) is currently costing Qantas over 15k a year stood down. If said pilot agrees to 3 years LWOP and Qantas agrees to kick in 30k for training to get them off the books, it’s a win for everyone and do you think Alliance wouldn’t be licking their lips over that? Just remember I used the cheapest example as well.

As for a company not screwing over their workforce to please a large blue chip client... You do work in aviation right?

Plus they just advertised for direct entry Capt and Fo to fly the brand new toys. In my experience, that usually counts as screwing your existing pilots out of an opportunity.

All of this aside, I don’t think the QF thing will matter that much anyway. No matter what’s in the agreement QF will understand that Alliance can’t be expected to crew the whole thing with LWOP pilots who are going to vanish in a couple of years. That’d be poor risk management. Additionally, there just won’t be that many takers for Adelaide and Darwin, most of QF doesn’t live there and won’t move. There’ll be a few QF folk over there just so management can say “look we helped the stood down pilots out” but I wouldn’t get too worried about it, it’ll be a small percentage in the grand scheme of things.