PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2021, 21:23
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Green.Dot
Please tell us why you hate Qantas pilots so much...

Most of us in QF couldn’t give a toss which company we work for, we just want a secure job flying aeroplanes and wish the same for other pilots in other airlines.

Personally I think it’s entirely fair that Alliance pilots/E-Jet pilots are offered the slots before non type rated pilots.
Most of the currently unemployed pilots on the market - who certainly have no aviation derived income and no company to return to after the "geat recovery" unlike the QF pilots - would also not give a toss which company they work for.

Blind Freddy would have no problem understanding the perception of double dipping in an environment that's been hard hit and is going to take a long, long time to get anywhere near where it was.

Lots of moving parts, I hope the present Alliance pilots get a look it (but potentially a cost to move pilots around if you don't need to but would like to), if Alliance management have struck a deal with QF management that includes being required to take on XX number of QF pilots I'm sure that decision will be passed on to Flt Ops for actioning, if left alone Flt Ops have a veritable smorgasboard of ages/experience levels/backgrounds/maybe perceived suitability (do Alliance have those knuckle dragging psycho tests so beloved by HR types??) to recruit from.

IF a deal's been done with QF and they absorb the cost of training a QF pilot who will depart within a few years then QF pilots could be as attractive as anyone else.
If the cost is NOT absorb by QF then QF pilots will be unattractive as a cost to the bottom line when other options/recruits are available.
Simples!