PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2021, 20:21
TinFoilhat2

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by goodonyamate
lobbying? What are the alliance pilots going to do? Quit?

if QF and Alliance have come to a deal or arrangement for LWOP then that’s what will happen, regardless of what seems right or fair. I’m not saying I agree either way. History shows, if QF want something, that’s what they get. It may well be written into the agreement. Who knows.

i don’t remember reading anywhere that the LWOP was specifically for the ejet. Perhaps it was always the plan to allow shuffling within, and external hires/LWOP fill the gaps.

old TFH really has no idea how these people work.
I did not say they had not struck some sort of deal. I simply said ultimately at the end of the day it will be an Alliance decision whether they take on QF pilots or not. Regardless of the contract on offer QF dont have that much sway. Who else will they get to do the work? They are losing money using their own aircraft and crew, believe me I know how they work, I flew regionals for many years.

People like you seem to think Qantas just walk into a meeting, throw around a few demands and get what they want. It does not work like that Im afraid and they certainly HAVE ZERO say on how an airline crew their own aircraft. They might put some agreement in place looking for a favour or to help their stood down crew out but ultimately the decision lies with the contract airline, NOT QANTAS!!

They are not going to screw over their own workforce just to please Qantas, I think you need to get of your high horse there. Imagine all the ill will they will have to deal with when QF pilots leave, the job market and economy improve and now you have a seriously pissed of pilot group.

If you think QF will dictate terms on this you are sorely mistaken