PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2021, 03:20
Transition Layer

Received 88 Likes on 34 Posts
Stood down airline pilots with a job to eventually return to may scoff at those conditions, but for a recently redundant GA pilot (how about one of many flying instructors who’ve been recently laid off due to the decimation of flight training in this country) would crawl over broken glass to get into a jet earning almost double their previous salary. Alliance will have no problems finding qualified pilots to fly these jets
Not scoffing, just noting that others working outside aviation currently might have a new perspective on wages vs. the responsibilities and ongoing testing/training/medicals involved with airline flying. I used mining as an example but others are working in finance and government positions earning north of $100k because employers are recognising the skills and attributes they bring.

I only became involved in this thread because of the talk about QF pilots moving into these positions. I’m sure whatever positions made available to Mainline Pilots will have many applicants, even if it may mean relocating to Darwin or Adelaide. I won’t be one of them, nor will many people I speak to. My comments weren’t about GA pilots and whether they’d be interested, that’s a no brainer and irrelevant.

Apples and oranges, talking about entitlements, jeez.
No worries, let’s do Apples and Apples then and compare the Alliance package which is half the money of the Qantas 737 Pilots being replaced on those routes. COVID has dashed dreams of improving conditions in the industry for many years, but it’s still OK to aspire to something better down the track.