PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2021, 11:20
Kateosul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for information on Brian O’Sullivan

Originally Posted by bob johns
tinpis building behind BN2 looks like the AT hangar.Met Brian OSullivan first when he and Mike Roddis were operating a pair of B206 for Airfast .in 1974. The job was a seismic survey for Didgecon. I was out in the bush with a Broom Broom for a week moving the boi line as required .Those survey blokes were strange bastards (..you had to initial you own beer and woe betide anyone grabbing a greenie with someone elses initials.) after a week of that I moved into kiap Scungie Randolfs place in Morehead,. Brian was an accomplished flemenco giutarist and a tape made in the AT pilots house in Daru was copied by many and my copy still exhists somewhere. I well remember the incumbent manager of the Daru Hilton He is one of only two people who have robbed me and got away with it, I hope all his lamb chops turn into pork.The pub got so ratty that Macair pilots used to stay in the AT pilots .house and I got paid for my trouble. Noran Martin was one.Loopy and I used to swap warrants .ie if I got a warrant to take 5 pax to F---ing Kiunga and Loopy got a warrant for a ton of freight drums etc to F---ing Kiunga ..we d swap it .seemed to work ,the admin were happy and no one grizzled so it must have been ok. .Nothing if not, practical ,us chaps.
Brian was my father who died as a result of an accident in PNG as you no doubt heard. I have very little information or insight into his life in PNG but can see you knew him well. I would love to hear any memories you have or any reflections or details about him and if by any chance you ask have that tape or him playing, I would love to hear it. I was 7 when he died so have very few memories of him.