PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 8th Feb 2021, 23:01
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dashcam, I do not even know where to begin with your post, it is deeply disturbing is all I can say. You must live in a very "happy" world and I want to be taking whatever you are.

Ryanair are running this programme in anticipation for the recovery of aviation over the next few years.
Ryanair are hiring now for the recovery in 2025 and beyond? They currently have a surplus of thousands of pilots. Do you suppose the conversation at RYR HQ was along the lines of "we have X,000 surplus pilots, however we must start training new ones for the growth in 2025 and beyond". Really? Do you know what the lead time is to train a cadet from TR to LT? Genuine question - please answer

Also, are you aware how many pilots were accepted onto the programme in Q3/Q4 of 2019 that are still waiting to start the course? Are you aware of how many pilots, from 2019, 2020 and 2021 as we speak, right now, are graduating in AFTA and Bartolini to join the Ryanair TR programme?

You think after that extremely long list of names, plus the fact they already have a major surplus, there is a mysterious yet urgent requirement to train you and others right away ... "to be ready"???

You're right, no guarantees anywhere. However you fail to mention that not a single reputable employer places the responsibility entirely on the cadet. For example. My type rating was airline funded, in the event I failed it I walked away. In the event I passed, I was guaranteed employment with the company. That is how it should be.

People on here are "assuming" nothing. People here that are warning you are current airline pilots. We are having the conversations with our companies, we are speaking with our unions, we are lobbying the government as much as we can, we are receiving regular informed briefings. We have a bloody good idea of what we are talking about when we tell you this programme is a con for the gullible.

Starting a cadet course now means you would be ready to go as soon as demand picks up, rather than being at the bottom of the pile in the huge pool of pilots out there when recruitment does pick up.
This is painful to read. You literally have it backwards. You are going to pay 30k for a type rating to join an already horrifically long queue of people waiting to join an extremely overstaffed company ... all in the name of getting ahead somehow. Sir, allow me to tell you a more likely scenario.You spend 30k, after 3 months you forget everything and build lots of rust, after 9 months you will need to renew your LPC (who will pay for your recurrent training and LPC for the next years? - be sure to ask). Each time you will do an LPC, you will go another 12 months and forget everything. It is a horrible cycle.

Doing TR now then doing BT/LT in 2022 (presuming a miracle) would be a training disaster. Anyone who has done a TR would testify to this. You will need a new TR by next year.

In the meantime, a reputable employer may open up with a fully funded TR course and you will feel sick as a pig with your 30K piece of paper behind a line longer than the wall of china.

Lastly, good luck living in Dublin or any big city on 1,000EU - You will need it !!

Wanna know what's really happening? RYR are using you for cash and because their big shiny centre just opened, they can't leave it idle. They are also trying to have the maximum number of pilots possible on their books, that way they can pay you 500EU a month and you will be forced to accept it. They are using this to make sure they never have a strike again and can do whatever they want with their pilots, not happy? You are not needed