PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh poo....
Thread: Oh poo....
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2021, 19:42
TLDNMCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ten days' work attachment to India several years ago without the merest hint of a problem until about 3am on the day I was due to fly back- total disaster. I woke up in the hotel, belly cramping and gurgling, "I need to go NOW." Left leg out of bed and all control was lost.

Drag the sheets off the bed and into the bathtub, shower on, tons of shower gel and then stand there for God knows how long, mimicking an old fashioned wine maker. Made a reasonable go of things, then full of shame had to call reception for fresh bedding, and to explain why, they were very good about it all. Had to make a couple more rush visits (thankfully more successful than the initial attempt), then it dawned on me "9 1/2 -10 hours on a bloody flight today."

Taxi to the airport, and I asked the driver to stop at a pharmacy, the guy behind the counter guessed what I needed before I'd even spoken "Bad tummy sir? sh***ing all night yes?" Nod, pay, thin smile, off to the airport. Baggage drop? no chance, small room first, then on with the usual processes of check in boarding etc.

"Captain speaking, we are hoping for a quick getaway as we know there will be military are activity in the area quite soon and we have reports of a monsoon front approaching so we want to get out ahead of all that."

Tech problem- can't leave for a while now as Indian military in the overhead (This was Pune for those why may know it - military airfield with a sprinkling of civil traffic).

Monsoon front hits, almost four hours later, we were allowed to leave - the amount of times I got told off for getting out of my seat prior to take off for "just in cases" must be some kind of record. Roughly every 40 minutes required an emergency sit down for the whole flight back; I know the rules, eat a little drink a lot, but even the water was exiting unprocessed every few minutes. Pretty sure the cabin crew thought I was listening to recordings of the London Philharmonic Brass section in there (of course the nearest convenience was next to the galley where they would all congregate for their quiet hours chat and coffee). Awful.

Last edited by TLDNMCL; 8th Feb 2021 at 19:58.