PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 7th Feb 2021, 13:46
PinguGoesFlying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a few thoughts, to contradict whats been said, I don't work for Ryanair btw, just a long suffering student pilot wondering what to do in this mess.

If Ryanairs intent was to fleece cadets with 30k type ratings with no hope of a job, wouldn't they have been doing that all 2020?

Ryanair suffered significantly in 2017 with a pilot crisis, if they scam a whole class isn't that going to get out on the grapevine & kill the programme (easyjet MPL with L3 anyone).

If the ratings were such a lucrative cash-cow, why don't any other airlines do this.

O’Leary has been moaning in the media, justifiably, about this whole mess, and doesn't know, with the EU’s pathetic vaccine rollout when or if he is going to be flying this summer, he cannot make guarantees as he doesn’t know whats going to happen in 6 months (thank god for brexit, my old folks are vaccinated now, thats worth more than any short term job pains for me).

Arent type rating costs usually met by the student anyway, flybe, easyjet, Ryanairs 10k euro offer was unusual, not the norm, sadly 2019 is gone, I wish it wasn't the case.

I am not going to be applying for another 10months yet, got hours building and CPL etc to do so will follow what happens to these cadets closely before making any commitments, its all anyone can do till this mess is over

Best of luck all