PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2021, 10:08
TinFoilhat2

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MaxHelixAngle
The amount of misinformation here is astounding.

BeerBaron has knocked it on the head and is 100% correct.

As for all those whinging about QF pilots being told there will be LWOP opportunities - why shouldn’t they get first look in? Qantas is the customer here, and it is on the back of Qantas group demand that these opportunities have arisen. Qantas, have, and rightly so, asked that their stood down employees are given the opportunity to be considered. Alliance has agreed.

As for Stand down and IR law - barking up the wrong tree. In fact forest. LWOP opportunities will have no bearing on any future litigation - except perhaps in the court of public opinion.
Which part of WET LEASE AGREEMENT do you not understand? QF WILL NOT get to dictate to another company who flies their aircraft. Alliance will crew the aircraft how they see fit and QF will have no say and like it.

As a customer if I charter a QF jet I dont get to dictate terms in who flies the jet or how they conduct their MX. The same applies here. Alliance are doing work on behalf of Qantas, thereby helping them out. Its not to say a QF pilot cannot apply for a job but they will not get special privileges or assistance due to being a QF pilot, that much is clear!!

If QF do not like the arrangement they can get somebody else to do their regional flying. Clearly they do like the arrangement as they stuck with Alliance who are profitable and doing well.

Why would Alliance agree to crew aircraft with QF mainline international pilots, pay for training costs knowing full well they will return when their furlough exile ends and a seat opens up back in QF only for Alliance to have to hire a new pilot, pay for trianing (sim/flights/hotels) which is now double the initial cost, short answer they wont!!

Alliance will run their company as they see fit, crew their aircraft as they see fit. I realise the QF skygods are better than all of us mere mortals and it will come as a shock as to why Alliance does not beg them to fly their planes but in this instance they will be at the back of the queue.