PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Death of Cathay
Thread: Death of Cathay
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2021, 06:16
Weary traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. People. So much hostility and over analysis. We all know how devastating Covid is proving to be for the entire industry. As a 'KA throwaway' I can attest that nobody is 'sitting pretty' in this whether it be the newly unemployed or those remaining in CX on a massive pay cut and zero faith in their future. A few home truths from my perspective though. Don't panic. Sit on your hands as you're trained to do. It's going to take a while for things to get better but for those that want/need to stay you will be surprised at how few that have either left already or remain in CX will actually be a threat to your aviation future here when things do pick up. There are so many here that simply won't stomach the new package for long and neither will many return from the KA graveyard for it either, given the option. Some will, for sure, but you'll be amazed how many won't which will be good tidings for those that could do without the competition. Just hang in there if you're still in CX and want to stay. Take what money they're offering, reign in your cost of living and batten down the hatches until things pick up. Here's a quick clue to feeling better. Don't read pprune if you're feeling vulnerable. Good luck to those trying to stick it out. I'm happily done with it. One less competing for your future.