PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check Flights and Pulling Circuit Breakers
Old 7th Feb 2021, 02:23
eagle 86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not high performance fw but years ago I tricked myself. Instructing on the SK50 helo pre simulator QHI's pulled cb's for systems failure.
I was checking a pilot out during an anti sub exercise. There is an AC cb panel just below the collective on the left side.
If pulled one cb took power away from the flight control system immediately with subsequent flight control problems.
Another cb took power away from the gyros controlling the flight control system with flight control problems some time later after the gyros had run down.
I knowingly pulled the second cb.
As it would happen the Observer called a sub contact and a jump request to prosecute.
Forgetting all about the cb off we went with the pilot under check flying the helo. Sometime later the helo, at 200 feet 120kias, took up a mind of its own with great surprise to me!
A masterful display of a/c control recovery by me was quickly followed by a humble apology to the crew who thought the end was nigh!
After the sim was commissioned QHI's were banned from any form of inflight emergency simulation.
E86