PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 6th Feb 2021, 10:45
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation collapses. Passenger revenue drops to the floor. Meanwhile you have just opened this type rating centre to train your own pilots in. This training centre has high fixed costs and it'd be a shame to let it stand idly by, pandemic or no pandemic.

What would you do? Keep its doors closed and admit there's a pandemic and 0 requirement for years to come, or open the doors and invite everyone in charging 30k a head? The later allows you to cover all the fixed costs with a hefty profit remaining, which can be used to offset the record low passenger revenue.

Your 30k is offsetting a fraction of the record low demand, anyone denying this is blind to the reality. This training centre is not a 'partner', it is owned by Ryanair. Why give 25k to CAE when you can earn it yourself? This rating they are giving you is costing them peanuts. What is going on here could not be clearer.

Look, I know what it's like to have your license in hand post training, desperate to fly, but this route is an illusion, it is a mirage created by Ryanair to fill their pockets with your money at a time that they cannot get any passengers to give them their money. Attached is some loose promise of a job in years to come. Guys, tread carefully, for your own sake, because as was pointed out, by the time Ryanair do actually need you there will be other opportunities open with not such an insulting contract.

I do genuinely wish you all luck, though I say again, tread carefully.