PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 6th Feb 2021, 08:22
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ryano
I have been following this thread from Day 1. It is truly a tragedy that keeps unfolding, but does not seem to have end. Where does it go from here? CASA calls Glen a liar and rejects his statements, as everyone expects they would. But there is no substance to those rejections. There is no justification to CASA's decision making process, no rationale to support their position. They are just strongly worded rejections. So what happens now? Glen has made serious accusations against the most senior personnel in CASA and there is sufficient evidence that requires those accusations to be investigated and a determination made - but how? This isn't about money as I'm sure there are enough willing to chip in to see this through. This case makes it perfectly clear to all that the 'system' does not actually have a process that allows someone to truly challenge CASA. They are a law unto themselves and they have stacked the processes in their favour. They'll ride you out and destroy you before they get held to account. All of the complaints and review processes are just smoke and mirrors because you cannot ever actually win, even when you are truly correct. It's easy to say that this should just go to court, but the reality is that virtually noone could afford this. So if CASA just has to see you to court, they will always win, which is what we have now. It shouldn't take an industry to stand behind a martyr for justice to be served. Glen you are a hero and like so many others, I pray that you prevail. In the mean time, where does this go from here?
It goes nowhere. It has gone nowhere for the past 30 years. It will go nowhere for the next 30 years unless there is a Royal Commission or a roo tail sticking out of a giant smoking hole. The end......