PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Memories of RAFG
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2021, 19:14
BirdController

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brakedwell
I was never stationed in Germany, but I do remember an incident in Bielefeld well, when we doing one of our regular four or five day detachments with a Britannia, running between Guterloh and Belfast in the early seventies. We had a very attractive female loadmaster from Islington on the crew and we set off from the hotel for a few beers in a pub down the road. The males on the crew thought she looked super dressed in a pair of short hot pants and a very flimsy blouse, but within a few yards along the pavement she was stopped a large Haus-frau and given a real bollocking for being immorally dressed. The loadmaster, who spoke reasonable German, having done a tour in Germany in RAF air traffic was uncharacteristically quiet for the first few rounds. Fortunately, she recovered her usual cockney self after not too long!
Was travelling thru Munich Hauptbahnoff on way to Nuremberg in about 2014, when trying to board fast German train was accosted by large hausfrau deplaning from the train and given an extensive mouthful about manners and letting people off the train first. Luckily, having lived in Harsewinkle for 3 years while stationed at Gutersloh one was able to discuss this at length with said hausfrau........ we agreed to disagree in relatively fluent German. Yes, RAFG was probably my most enjoyable married posting - of which certain parts I can still use today!!!