PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2021, 10:42
hargreaves99

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts
ok, so.... if I am offered a job in an EU country (flying an EU registered aircraft), and I have a UK issued EASA ATPL(H)...what do I do?

CAA website states this:

UK-issued Part-FCL licences will not be valid to operate EU-registered aircraft.

To continue operating EU-registered aircraft, you may seek a licence validation from any of the EASA Competent Authorities, which would be valid for aircraft registered in any EASA Member State.

We recommend that you speak to the relevant NAA as soon as possible about the process for achieving a validation of your UK issued Part-FCL licence.

Alternatively, you may undertake a State of Licence Issue transfer. This means transferring your licence from the UK to an EASA member state.

To transfer a Part FCL to a new State of Licence, a request to transfer your licence and a separate request to transfer your medical records must be submitted to the CAA. In addition, a request to become the applicant’s new State of Licence must be submitted to the receiving NAA.

An application cannot be progressed until all three of these requests along with supporting documentation and appropriate fees have been submitted.