PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2021, 09:26
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
The State Libs have zero chance of winning that poll, it doesn’t matter what comes out of Morrison’s mouth. I’d say if anything he’s thinking of his own next Federal Election and not losing WA seats.

After the state election it’ll be April, the vaccine program will be well underway, a lot of critical groups should have been vaccinated, the risk profile will change and there’ll be a change in health advice and actions, so the language will change from all. No one can say for sure how much, I wouldn’t expect full unrestricted international travel of course by that stage but steps will be made.
Also very true. The WA liberals may have no hope of winning but they want to lose by a lesser margin. Any negative outbursts from Canberra could mean losing additional seats.

The possibility of a Federal election around September this year is as you say also a major consideration....as I have heard if things go bad enough in WA alone, it could be enough to swing things . And it appears at the state level at least, the libs are in serious trouble there.