PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2021, 04:12
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys come on here & make screeching emotive statements, lose the discussion & play the man

Oh how it upsets be so , as that great crooner Kamal once said "why oh why are people so unkind ?"

All I did was point out that those statements were never made , & that a significant reason for the delay in commands was that the majority of guys stayed well past 60 as soon as they had the opportunity. Can't you see how they stay long time after 60 brigade have had a significant effect on command time

I certainly don't take any perverse pleasure in the economic & other carnage this virus has taken on travel sector, & people employed there. What an odd comment

I was saying at outset that getting 50% of international back within 2 years would be a great achievement, got howled down , think someone called be a narcissist
& guys were still in fantasy land that A350s were coming

Turns out likely we won't even have 5% international back within two years - & it's a tragedy

Not very sophisticated to simply abuse someone because they have a different viewpoint (doesn't phase me) . Lot of guys here seem to have very simplistic thinking about very detailed & complicated problems - "it will all be over by Christmas kind of stuff". Don't think the CEO has helped by big talking numbers re; domestic recovery that are just nonsense

The 21 years to LHS no way that is an average number , typically 14 years , sometimes tad higher sometimes lower, think Perth 737 lhs was ten years

The guys who have really lost are career FO/SOs some of whom occupied these positions decade in decade out. Understand a lot of the Ansett hires from 2001/2002 are still SOs. All of the 380/747 FO/SOs could have upgraded & will pay a price for having a flat earth theory

Think we will be lucky to be at 25% three years in

But if you want to believe the 380s are coming back , 350s will be ordered , all going to go gangbusters - that is your right. I think it's going to take at least 3 years possibly even five or more to get back to 50% of pre-covid international

Last edited by Telfer86; 5th Feb 2021 at 05:24.