PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways
Thread: Qatar Airways
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2003, 01:31
A300Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In terms of commerce and industry, Doha will really see some rapid expansion over the next ten years or so. In fact, the huge gas reserves that the State of Qatar has will ensure that Qatar and Doha will undergo quite a phenomenal transformation over the next number of years. It has already started to happen and the State will begin to attract revenue from tourism in quite a big way in years to come.

That means good revenue in turn for the national airline, Qatar Airways. The Company will see quite a dramatic expansion over the next few years. I just hope that they do something about the management structure, which is appalling actually (the flattest pyramid that you have ever seen!)

If QR manages to sort that out (somehow) then it will become a fantastic company to work for. Don't hold your breath.......

Doha becoming the next Dubai - it might well do. It currently resembles Dubai as it did, maybe a little more than 15 years ago, but nonetheless the same.

I personally prefer Doha!!

What do you think, Homesick and Gulf-Crew? Where are you both hiding.

Incidentally, QR just confirmed today their much awaited orders for the A380 and A340-600. I must admit, I am surprised. I expected these "options" to have been converted to something else.