PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-11
Thread: Ryanair-11
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2021, 16:22
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirportPlanner1

I understand Ryanair's pathological wish to have the lowest of possible cost bases. If it's scale you're after Ryanair could have chosen to operate all UK based aircraft as G- but there's a cost implication to the business they chose to avoid. Point being there was a huge shift in the rules and they intentionally left it to 5 mins to midnight to address the issue. Doesn't matter as they'll come out on top once again as ever as they've got enough cash to ride out the storm that will take out a few more airlines once reality hits home in 2021 as the post COVID market emerges. With a whole new fleet of MAXes arriving one of the issues I can see is that the original idea of selling on the B73Hs they'll be replacing will be way more difficult in such a tough marketplace.
By this summer though the Ryanair brand will be diminishing itself though as Buzz Air and Malta Air are finally rebranded properly......? I'd be lying if I said I properly got the logic behind this one as they could have maintained one unified branding albeit across all four geographies of EI / 9H / SP / G.