PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA SEP revalidation by exp. microlights
Old 3rd Feb 2021, 08:51
baleares

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
No. A 'microlight' is an Annex 1(e) aircraft. In the case of a 3-axis 'microlight', it falls under the ICAO of an aeroplane:

So although flight time in Annex 1(e) aircraft is recognised towards the revalidation of an SEP/TMG Class Rating by experience (as may flight time in Art.2(8) 'opt-out' sub-600kg aircraft), dual refresher training with an instructor must be flown either in an EASA aircraft or, if it has been approved for training by the NAA, an Annex 1(a)-(d) aircraft.
Well then I am really very confused. How on earth can a Microlight comply with the required AMC point "(a) the aircraft matches the definition and criteria of the respective Part-FCL aircraft category, class, and type ratings;"

This, to me plainly states that can only count hours flown in an SEP towards revalidation by experience. An ultralight does not match the definition and criteria.

Longer quote of the AMC text for context:
All hours flown on aeroplanes or sailplanes that are subject to a decision as per Article 2(8) of the Basic Regulation or that are specified in Annex I to the Basic Regulation should count in full towards fulfilling the hourly requirements of points FCL.140.A, FCL.140.S, and FCL.740.A(b)(1)(ii) under the following conditions: (a) the aircraft matches the definition and criteria of the respective Part-FCL aircraft category, class, and type ratings; and (b) the aircraft that is used for training flights with an instructor is an Annex-I aircraft of type (a), (b), (c), or (d) that is subject to an authorisation specified in points ORA.ATO.135 or DTO.GEN.240.