PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth residential ATPL g/school
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2003, 00:01
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim

If you print misinformation about my employer I will correct it, especially if you invite such correction, which I did appreciate.

I did not mean to say you did not do enough work. What I intended to convey was the fact that there will always be students who will not pass first time with a standard course. I myself did not pass all first time (I was certainly not able to fly through Air Law at any great pace, fortunately I am not expected to go near this area when I teach).

I was explaining that programming here allows some time before the exams, usually a week depending on how bank holidays fall, in which help is available for students above the normal, approved course if they know before the exams they will struggle, in an effort to minimise failure first time rather than recover those students for the second attempt. I believe some other schools operate a similar policy.

TRon

The manuals are now printed by a completely different method (software issue, not sure of the difference myself). Most of the diagrams were corrected by that change, the rest are being addressed. I have also rewritten the Flight Planning manual, as it was the only one that had not been rewritten significantly since it was first used.

Yes, I'm afraid Dave Hinks has left, leaving me without a mnemonic for the PET formula. However we have recruited your friend Lionel and a Britannia Captain, both part-time, to keep staff up. bit of a rejig of subjects (I now teach Electrics, and Lionel will be taking Flight Planning), but we think the new team will work well.

Last edited by Send Clowns; 12th Dec 2003 at 06:54.