PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was MCAS needed?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2021, 02:28
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Gums, I joined this forum about 3 years before I retired (basically right after the Asiana 777 crash-landing at SFO). Several co-workers knew of my presence, but I was very, very careful about what I posted to avoid anything that might be considered sensitive, proprietary, or anything that would otherwise get me crossed up with management. More than once, someone posted something that I knew was total BS, but couldn't respond because my knowledge was considered to be Boeing proprietary (one example that comes to mind was a discussion regarding 747-8 fuel burn - of which I had first hand knowledge but couldn't talk about).
Since retirement, I don't need to worry as much but still need to be careful about posting info that could still be considered sensitive. Much of what I know about MCAS is based on an off-the-record discussion I had with a Boeing test pilot friend shortly after the Ethiopian crash. I felt obligated not to post any of that information as not to betray his trust. Most of it has since been reported in the Seattle Times, so I'm confident discussing it - but a few things I still need to keep under wraps...