PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Cockpit?
Thread: What Cockpit?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2021, 22:43
meleagertoo

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts
IAR 99 is single engined so not that one.

I also discover that PODW on the red handle is Polish for "Double" which makes my Nanchang look much less likely.

I thnk I've looked at every Eastern European aircraft there is and some came close but no way can I match all the detials.

I've even searched Martin Baker's list of Mk 10 installations and can't see a match either.

Edit.

OK,I now think it's an E European product. The vertical red handle is identical to that on and Aero 159 and the riveted cockpit sides are very distinctive, as is the screen defogging tube.
Soko J22 and IAR 93 are the closest I can get so far.They match most of the criteria - twin, long in development, Mk10, canopy shape and position fits, armoured front screen fits, role fits but there are so few pics on the net its impossible to choose which, or which model and nothing like the instrument fit is to be found. I'm not happy about the 3 panel layout though which doesn't match at all.

d'uh oh!
How did I miss that? It's a PZL I-22 Iryda. Shoulda stuck to the Polish language clue but despite several google searches for PZL I 22 cockpit image I failed to spot any but older versions, it wasn't until I added Iryda that this modern one came up. Nice looking little toy, I'd like a go in one of those!
Thanks to Martin Baker's list!

Open House please.

Last edited by meleagertoo; 3rd Feb 2021 at 00:28.