PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth residential ATPL g/school
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2003, 23:25
TRon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are after feedback then in the Majority the stuff BCFT themselves had was out of date and whilst OK, did not represent the actual exam material. It's not hard to get hold of the Oxford stuff though which is what I used and is first rate.

In terms of retraining as far as I am aware they dont charge for it and certainly when they were starting out (when I started) they promised you pay a one off fee and that was it till the day you get the white slip with Passes all down the right. Most people just use the spare classrooms when/if they fail after attending the minimum number of instructional hours.

The instruction was good, especially from Send Clowns et al and they were always helpful and attentive to any quarms we had.

I hear Dave Hinks (and his Open Head!) have just left which was a shame as he rationalised Electrics, Systems, HPL and M&B for most including me. So that will be a loss for them.

My only minor quarm was that I did have to source a lot of outside material myself as I did not think the manuals where that good. A lot of the pictures were unreadable. The progress tests did little for your confidence, but then I hear they are supposed to give you a kick in the A$$.

I did screw up my first module and that was entirely down to me, not them. Second set of modules was fine, but as I say I was always trying to get hold of Oxford stuff.

Would I reccomend them? I never looked round EPTA as I personally didnt want anything to do with a certain mr.green, Oxford did not have a course for three months and BCFT could fit me in 2 weeks.

In hindsight, I met some great guys and had fun and passed. Bournemouth town is a great place to study and some interesting stuff goes in and out of the airport. If I was starting again all things being equal I would go to Oxford only due to their superior course material, on-line groundschool with the flash animations explaining key elements and their first time pass rate.