PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was MCAS needed?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2021, 14:08
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks to Bergerie for hosting this thread on the subject. I was disappointed when the Mods froze all the 737 threads, as I am a curious type and wanted to learn about the development of the MCAS. I unnerstan freezing the main forum stuff when discussion got away from the technical and factual aspects of the two crashes. But I sought refuge here on Tech Log. My AF447 education in the Tech Log was a joy, and I hope I contributed just a bit to folks' understanding of FBW.

I especially appreciate the contributions here by FDR, PEI and Detent. Then we got an occasional input from Tdracer, that offered inside looks at Big B. At the outset it seems we had a "mole" in Boeing that contributed to our technical discussions and may still be around or was found out by the company and silenced.

As with some here, my academic aero study was from the 60's, then I learned new stuff flying brand new planes until the mid-80's. Who thot of relaxed static stability back then, or vortex contributions we see with strakes and LEX and.....

So I salute all of you and will try to lurk more.