PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 1st Feb 2021, 22:16
Lazydogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HotelAlpha1

Yes and I am one of them. I never looked back. I had no plans to leave pre pandemic simply because no one was going to pay me the same money and give me the same time off. Looking at the disgusting behaviour during the pandemic of supposed “good career airlines” - I wont be going anywhere.
Keep your head down, work hard and the likelihood is you will do just fine. Its tough at the moment and everyone is just hanging in there.
There will be lots of opportunities over the coming years and market forces will always dictate. The quick commands in UK/Ireland wont be around for a while but they will elsewhere.
Ryanair have taken hundreds of DEFOs and DEC over the last 6-7 years. They have always started out recruitment drives with Cadets, so its not big news. Neither is the non stop drivel and poison on here directed at cadets. I was one of them and so were the other 11 on my course at one time. Any of us that stayed are all Captains, BCs, LTCs TREs. The ones that left went to BA,TUI, EK, Norwegian Jet2 etc and have forged very successful careers. Some of them that did leave have been unlucky because of the pandemic and are experiencing really tough times. They are all top guys and I hope they get back flying soon.

Anyway.... best of luck to all applying on the cadet front. To the experienced guys - I am sure there will be eventual recruitment (there has been some on the Airbus) but for the Boeing it will take time IMHO.

Last edited by Lazydogg; 1st Feb 2021 at 22:38.