PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2021, 04:01
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
The very first ‘national cabinet’ made the decision that the states would handle the quarantine in the respective states. They had the capability which the federal government lacked at the scale required. The hospitals, the coppers, the contracts for security people, the processes, are all things that states do on a regular basis but the feds do not do across the nation.

So its a bit rich that having signed on to do this- thus ensuring the jobs go mostly to who the state Premiers wanted them to go to- that they now try and disown it when all of a sudden they’ve decided it’s too hard and they need to blame someone for locking down their state when they shouldn’t.

Dre, let me be very specific. Precisely what ‘remote location’ are you proposing for these quarantine facilities? 1A Please has already spoken of some of the logistic issues relating to the numbers of beds required so exactly where are you putting this new town that you want to knock up in 10 days or so?

Sure the Chinese cobbled together some shipping containers and called it a ‘hospital’ but I’m not sure that’s the sort of thing we should be considering when you’re going to lock people inside it for 14 days in the middle of nowhere during an Australia summer. Then again, I’m not sure the Australian people would be prepared to agree to the Chinese way of doing things when it comes to things like the environment, WHS, industrial relations, working hours, pay and conditions, etc.