PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 31st Jan 2021, 19:53
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HotelAlpha1

Hahaha this is laughable. I’m no competition with Cadets and am in a secure position, have enough hours to move anywhere but I’m cosy where I am, thank you, which is more than you by the looks of it. That said, I’m always open to help them because it seems that a lot of people go through it and then are embarrassed to tell the truth, as they sold it as gold before and they need to save face. That’s the reason I am here, to tell the truth. Now what’s yours?

Did you or did you not work for Ryanair? It was a simple question. If you have no experience by going through the scheme and you feel entitled to school those who did AND/OR want to give advice to future cadets on something you have no experience on, how does that make you look? The part where you said that cadets would get pay increments after line training just showed your lack of knowledge. I wasn’t on the advertised salary until one year and half after joining, have payslips to prove it. Financially it takes a while and they are not forthcoming with the truth.

I know that HR monitors this forum, if that’s you then what a poor job you’re doing.

@ContactApproach was spot on with his figures and claims.

Ryanair is full of bullies, there is no policy with a well structured assistance to employees on anything. I have witnessed crew being abused, I have been at the end of shouty captains, there are things that your mates won’t tell you, you must experience them to understand. How can you truly paint a picture of it from the outside?

Were you there when EIN closed? Did you talk to those pilots? Do you know that RYR lost in court for bullying them? What about the Portuguese crew? Do you know the truth about the schedule, sick pay and policy?
Were you there when management were paying visits to the crew rooms before the strikes, to intimidate pilots and ask if they were going to work?(ilegal). Tell us, how can you best advise these kids?

Is it the only opportunity they have? Yes. Is it the best? Absolutely not, it’s a terrible environment but they have to think of the hours, I agree on that. So with that in mind, your job is done here as theres nothing constructive left for you to say, why don’t you see yourself out because you’re irrelevant here.

This is the Ryanair interview and Sim assessment forum, cadets come here and need advice. The BEST advice they will get is not from a Ryanair HR dude, or from a pilot who never set foot at Ryanair, or a pilot who never even flown a jet ever. The best advice they will get is from ex cadets, who are employed or were employed by the said outfit.

So, see yourself out and the remaining participants, if need advice just drop me a message, don’t listen to this gentleman.