PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 31st Jan 2021, 13:25
PinguGoesFlying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look guys I understand your points

Im not in the industry, just a PPL holder with ATPL theory passes & some solo hours wondering what to do next

Yes a €30k type rating with no job offer crosses the line, I wouldn't take that, the 737 isn't used much by other EU airlines, Jet2 wont recognize a type rating with no hours on type, hoping in 12 months by the time I am applying the jobs market will have healed a bit more.

There isnt a profession in the world thats not been ripped to shreds by this disease, do you think pursuing another career outside aviation, solicitor, architect, is not going to have seen the same mess airlines have seen. As for Ryanair riding roughshod over their staff, the others are no better, easyjet L3 MPL, Walsh fire & rehire, and I have seen the same in my former career too, that has nothing to do with aviation. This disease has brought out the worst in industry, no employer cares about you, you are an expense, to be dumped as soon as no longer needed, aviation does not have a monopoly on that fact.