PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2021, 08:54
WipperSnapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
I bet we don’t see huge lines of ppl getting tested in Perth tomorrow. Do they even know how to set up testing clinic and able to turn a test around in less than 24hrs. Mr Barilaro will be having a little chuckle to himself now.
Wow the hatred towards West Australians is ridiculous. It's 38 degrees here today and the hospital closest to us has a line of people outside in the sun around the corner and down the street. People are responding and getting tested, same as everywhere else when there's been an outbreak.

I agree there is a ridiculous amount of "she'll be right, it ain't here" by a large proportion of the community here. They are also the people who didn't buy masks when this thing hit, even as recent as when Brisbane locked down McGowan was still telling people to buy masks because we will need them if we get an outbreak. Why would shops stock them here if people aren't buying them? They aren't government run.

As recent as yesterday's press conference he was saying hotel quarantine should be a Federal run program at remote locations but Scomo doesn't want that so we have to deal with the situation as best we can. He comes across smug and a lot of people that I interact with have been saying it's only a matter of time until we get a case and he will get slaughtered by the east coast media for the way he is carrying on.

What's our alternative though? He was elected well before this mess, the opposition government has stood behind him on border closures since about May last year and their party is an absolute shambles?