PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 31st Jan 2021, 07:57
POTATOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before some of you go on posting your sarcastic comments about those of us struggling to pay bills and support our families, maybe stop and think about how much the current situation IS NOT a joke to us? Contrary to whatever conspiracy theory filled world you live in, none of us are "sitting by the pool with all of our bills paid, a Porsche in the garage", and not a worry in the world. Really Xulu?? Not that I need to explain myself to you, but I actually did sell my CHEVROLET when I was put on unpaid leave and came back to my home country to pack boxes in a warehouse 60 hours a week to make ends meet. I don't say that asking for sympathy from anyone, but get a grip! I know you think you typed that post out and were being SO witty and cute, but I for one find it extremely offensive and sad, especially coming from a "fellow colleague". I happen to be one of the unlucky pilots who was assigned Airbus when I joined EK some 10 years ago, and I have put ZERO energy into nor have ever even thought about the idea of a "salary diversion" from anyone currently on active roster. Get over yourself...this whole 777 vs 380 pilots rivalry some of you guys entertain is the epitome of teenage girl behavior. We were all assigned an aircraft based on whatever the company criteria/needs were at our date of joining, its that simple. And Dropp...you have the audacity to infer that employing a maid in Dubai is somehow comparable to owning a slave and makes a person immoral and "in need of maturing"? I suppose your implication here is that pilots on unpaid leave somehow deserve all of their suffering because they are so immoral and immature? I actually had to read both of these posts twice in disbelief that someone actually had the nerve to post such GARBAGE. How insensitive, cruel, and just plain idiotic can "professional pilots" be to each other? Thank you both for making what is one of the most difficult periods of many of our lives so much more pleasant. I think it's time this forum removes the initial "P" from its title...