PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2021, 06:56
blubak

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Dannyboy39
Of course in-migration is a vote winner everywhere... not! Especially in a place like Australia! As I say, by October everyone in both countries should have protection. And then at that point, what is the problem?
Many people might have protection but unless community spread stops there is no chance of our international border being open without a guarantee that the people being allowed in either have a test with a negative result or go into quarantine at their own expense.
Nobody knows what it going to happen as 2021 progresses but 1 thing for sure is that the aus govt are not going to risk covid being brought here.
That is not saying we will not get cases(perth has 1 now) but as far as uncontrolled international borders go i think its very wise you having refundable hotel accomodation & from what i have been reading BA have suspended services to oz for many months.
Overseas residents may think the oz government are crazy imposing restrictions such as those in place now but i think you will find a majority of people here support what is in place & for those of us in victoria we are very aware of what a large outbreak does to our everyday freedom & on that point i have no issue with stating our govt run hotel quarantine caused it but it is us(the residents) who have buckled down to get where we are now & in all honesty overseas visitors are not high on our priority list.
We appreciate you wanting to come here & spend money however in 2021 that may not happen..