PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Murray/Bodill Round the World
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2003, 21:00
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whirlybird:

I dont think Jenny and her pal decided to do this for a laugh!! You're looking at well in excess of a million pounds to run a project like this. And they certainly aren't millionaires of this league.
So the real reason is for charity and a sense of adventure. They get the latter through the former. Sponsorship (which is all over the web site and a/c) and PUBLIC MONEY pays for this, or didn't you know.

Now if I wanted to contribute to your round the country soiree for either of these two reasons, I can assure you, I would take a DEEP interest in what you are doing

THIS is why everyone is curious and that is why EVERYONE is entitled to pose difficult and awkward questions all the time.
Do you understand now?

Consequently, individuals are perfectly entitled to comment from both sides of the fence.

Personally, I happen to think [bearing in mind that this is a publicity stunt in drag] this is one of the better organised adventures that deserves to succeed, provided one accepts that it is still a STUNT.
Unlike the mickey mouse bumblings of her predecessor: Q and whoever.

PS: If you really really felt like that about your epic wanderings around UK Ltd; why didn't you do it quietly without telling a soul?
If you wanted peace and quiet you could have responded to curious enquirers by telling them you were just a 'rambler' doing a local walk. Why if you wanted privacy.....did you write a book on it