PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 30th Jan 2021, 22:06
Xulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure you do. My point is people shouldn't be focussed on the next few months, but next year, and the recruitment that precedes it. The closing of borders now will make the vaccine rollout more effective and bring the timeline for industry recovery forward. It's not something that validates doomsday scenarios.

A substantial chunk of the 380 operation has now ground to the halt, which will elevate levels of stress and uncertainty for those on forced unpaid leave. Especially for those that don't have the means to survive for the full 12 month period and are hoping for an earlier recall.
It must indeed be a very stressful time for them in that big house, bills paid, kids in private school, free healthcare, vaccine, staff travel and first in line to get back flying. With so many people grounded, it's become difficult to find a space to lounge at the pool during winter.

What else could they possibly do with all that time on their hands? Maybe put all their energy into organising a salary diversion from 777 drivers? That will help pay off the Porsche in a more meaningful way than selling it ever could.

I heard one guy recently had to let his maid go when they cancelled the LHR flights, it was just too uncertain whether he'd be back in March or June.
He actually has to do his own laundry now. Can you believe it??

Another downgraded his 800 mb/s Du internet to a 200mb/s one. Brutal. It's a bloodbath out there in Meydan.

Last edited by Xulu; 30th Jan 2021 at 22:55.