PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2021, 20:52
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rog747

I think you need to read my post again as I clearly said “constructive criticism” is welcome. The issue with this individual is that he has been essentially copying and pasting the same negative post for more than a year now and there is more than enough grounds to suggest that the posts are not intended to engage or further debate. They are mean spirited statements mocking people for daring to have positive outlooks on life with the intention to antagonise rather than contribute to healthy debate. This behaviour is the epitome of trolling and results in forums losing all of its best posters and therefore I think it is more than justified for mods to ban individuals who engage in this behaviour. If not then such forums cease to exist.

With all issues you need to look at the source of the problem, for you to ignore the fact people understandably have good grounds to have lost patience with this Individuals destructive impact on this thread is very strange indeed. People have tried to ignore it for many months as most normal humans would give up trying to antagonise people after not succeeding but this individual is clearly very troubled or there is an agenda against SOU. I can only assume that you do not appreciate the long standing nature of this individuals behaviour and the fact that his posts are cut and paste jobs. Are you suggesting he is right that the airport is doomed and should be closed down and turned into housing? Should all us just subscribe to his way of thinking and stop posting on the thread? People should lead a glass half full life at the best of times, let alone in the times that we find ourselves in. For you to take the view that you should target the positive contributors on here rather than the troll is quite astounding and personally I think you should take a look at yourself in the mirror. If people on here we’re suggesting pie in the sky stuff like routes to America or a runway to accommodate the A380 yes perhaps a reality check might be required. However, all the comments are well reasoned and justified off the back of a large stream of good news.

On the Covid position, is there really any need to mention it? Should positive news really need to be negated by it? Should positive thoughts by posters really be tempered by its existence? We all know it exists, we all know it is sticking around for a while yet, we all know plans are subject to change. Despite all this the fact so many operators want to open routes at SOU and the airport still want to invest £15m is cause for celebration and positive discussion.