PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final Report: April 2018 737 high speed aborted TO
Old 30th Jan 2021, 14:56
Stuka Child

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Semreh

No it is not. It is generated by statistics showing that usually when rejecting above V1, the PIC gets it wrong and does so for an insufficient reason. However, those same statistics show that in a smaller proportion of these cases, the abort was actually justified! That should be the end of the debate right there! Another member posted one such study several posts up. Look it up.

As for individual cases, I just enumerated them so you can see the severity of the accidents vs loss of control on takeoff accidents. These are the actual numbers - 317 human lives lost in 40 years from high speed aborts - and we're talking everything from V1 to x knots above Vr. We're talking cases where the aircraft got airborne twice and still they rejected and the net result was better almost every time than continuing with a non-flying aircraft. If you don't believe me, do your research.

As for the members accusing everyone who doesn't agree with them of being flight sim drivers, that's just disgusting. If you wanted to see some credentials, you could have asked in a civilized manner over PM.

This is the last time I participate in such debates. Take your chances on the ground or take your chances in the air, in the end you alone will be judged for your actions.