PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHC Beaver down in Hawkesbury
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2021, 07:53
hoss

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Imagine the AFP putting out a report saying Man Monis did the Lindt siege because he got ripped off at a 7-11 on the way to Martin Place and they are concentrating their efforts on this!.......

This report is the aviation equivalent.

“700+ times doing this flight”. Comfort and complacency spring to mind, I know what I was like after a solid decade flying in GA.I felt almost bulletproof and this reflected in the stupid things that I did. (Human Factors)

Another related and important question should be what was the motivation for the 270 degree turn? The proficienct pilot knew that flying straight ahead out of the river would be the safest course. Was it a case of extra sightseeing, a fly-by etc. Perhaps this may have been performed successfully many times before at lighter weights. The alignment on the southern side of the river, the level off and build up of airspeed, the aircraft configuration all suggest to me a coherent and deliberate manoeuvre!

I have no horse in this race, it just sucks to see the ATSB and news outlets trying to go after the operator and maintenance organisations. That’s all.

Last edited by hoss; 29th Jan 2021 at 20:18.