PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Murray/Bodill Round the World
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2003, 19:16
High Nr

Camp Freddie.....

No you’re not alone.......

Just check out the profiles of the dominate supporters....not career professionals......at least most of them.

And of course mother hen....no one really knows about him/her...!!!!

The dangers of this exercise are two fold......

Firstly, my Xmas will be screwed up when AMSA [Australian Maritime Safety Authority] calls me at 0300 and tells me that some "$$$ thrill seeker has screwed up [again], and would you please risk your career, your crew and your families security and go find the selfish idiots and winch them back to safety [as you did with that idiot Pommy guy and that French Tart (Twice)]"

Of course we will go...again

And secondly.....we had a similar whiz kid named Duck Smyth who thought he was Gods gift to aviation....he did some North Pole and round the world trip and he was classified by the non career professional aircrew as some sort of &^%$ knowledgeable hero....Great

The end result of that saga was that the Oz politicians thought he was a trusted authority.....and gave him a throne in CASA....well the disaster that followed is now well documented.

The Headline Seeking Amateurs on the perheriry of professional aviation, have, and will continue to negatively influence the dedicated and lifelong struggle of professional and career aviators around the world.

Yes, its great to have some one pushing the envelope…..but this is just a PR $$$$ making exercise…and just stupid.

Let these daredevils fly with me in a Northern Oz summer with towering CB’s and weather to the minimums,[yet alone the CA guys weather] and see if their fragile little world is still as prepared to risk their ass’s as they impose on others]

Selfish, is all I can say.