PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Jan 2021, 09:15
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cutting through the chaff

Originally Posted by NGsim
Sunfish you seem to have a huge faith in the public system.
In other threads you chastise the corporate executive type as the snake in the grass (and typically rightfully so). But in this instance you’re under the impression that there simply must have been a safety issue for CASA employees to go down the road that they chose. Perhaps the individuals involved share a lot of common personality traits. Albeit with a slightly lower IQ in one of the sectors.
To be fair to Sunfish, I get the impression he has quite a robust background in business and perhaps as a CEO. My guess also is that at some point in time he has been burned by corporate parasites. But I also expect that his experience in working for or dealing with a Government regulator is minimal at best, and that is not a criticism. My assessment could be wrong and if so, then sa la vie. But until you have dealt with CASA either as an employee or as a client (industry participant) you cannot fathom what these douchebags are very capable of. In fact mere words or Ramblings on PPprune cannot relay the truth of what goes on. Glen is the perfect example. How long had he worked in aviation? Had he ever been on the ‘wrong side’ of CASA prior to 2 years ago? Had Glen heard the rumours about CASA’s vindictiveness? Probably, but he had never experienced it first hand. And now he has. Now he is telling ‘his’ story, and for some of us it is oh so familiar. For others, it is a shock and possibly they see it as inconceivable. But it isn’t.

All niceties aside, CASA is an out of control but protected species. No senate inquiry, senate estimates, investigation or any other action against them has succeeded. That my friends, tells you everything that you need to know.

Until CASA is dismantled, is subject to a royal commission or there is a kangaroo tail poking out of a giant, smouldering crater THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE AT CASA. None.